Winter Sunset tour
* with booking ONLY, after confirmation from Sofia Green Tour (booking form below)
** this tour also depends on the weather conditions during the winter months
Never tried snowshoeing before? Now is the time to experience Sofia in a different way!
Join us for a cosmic spectacle over the city in the Vitosha mountain!
We leave just before sunset from the National Theatre Ivan Vazov and take taxies to the starting point of the hike – the Aleko Hut. Then after a short hike we’ll arrive at a viewpoint on the Kamen Del peak, where we’ll get our first row seats for the sunset over the city.
After sunset we will hike back down to the starting point of the hike and take taxies to the city center.
This is an easy snowshoe hike, suitable for beginners and first-time snowshoeing.
On the way back we will be hiking after sunset with headlights on.
– Meeting place: in front of the National Theatre Ivan Vazov
– Start time: 2.5 hours before sunset
– Duration: 4-6 hours
– Difficulty: moderate hiking
Things to bring:
– warm clothes
– waterproof shoes
– a bottle of water
– a meal pack
– headlight for the hike down (we’ll provide one for you if you don’t have your own)
Price: 160 BGN (EUR 80) for a group of up to 4 people
– a certified mountain guide for the tour
– snowshoes + trekking poles
– headlight rental for the return hike (if you don’t have your own)
The price does not include transportation (taxi rates are ~30BGN per car per direction – each car fits 4 people)
Please try to book as early as possible!
Sofia Green Tour is an NGO project of the Eco-oriented Factor foundation. Our aim is to popularise an active way of living amongst travellers as well as locals.All of our free tour guides are volunteers. By participating in our organised tours and events you support our cause and help us create a more eco-friendly living environment. You can also support us by liking our facebook page or posting a review on trip advisor. Enjoy your stay in Bulgaria!